IIEA, International Industry E-learning Academy, is an online training school for businesses based on an advanced e-learning platform. The UofCTS is the North American representative of the IIEA.
IIEA is sponsored by ACIMAC, the Italian Ceramic Machinery and Equipment Manufacturers’ Association, a national trade group located near Modena, Italy. In recent years ACIMAC has become a global resource for industry professionals working in the manufacturing goods sector, particularly for the training requirements of ceramic companies all over the world.
IIEA offers diversified training, consisting of courses on general business topics and specialized courses in ceramic manufacturing.
IIEA Training Courses
Rheology in Ceramics – The aim of the course is to provide the practical and theoretical foundations for understanding the rheological behavior of ceramic suspensions. A 10-module course led by Prof. Marcello Romagnoli, an associate professor at the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia University in Italy. Click here for more information.
Cost: $600.00 / 2 months access / available in English + Italian (click here to order now)
Rheology of Ceramic Powders – The aim of the course is to provide the practical and theoretical foundations for understanding the rheological behavior of ceramic powder materials, thus allowing for the creation of more complex shapes or different aesthetic effects, avoiding defects and lowering production costs. A 10-module course led by Prof. Marcello Romagnoli, an associate professor at the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia University in Italy. Click here for more information.
Cost: $600.00 / 2 months access / available in English (click here to order now)
General Business Courses
Introduction to Trend Research- Trend research is an important tool for product designers as well as managers. It helps determine the creative direction of a company and positioning in the marketplace. This course shows how to develop a method for trend analysis that can be customized and easily shared with other team members. Click here for more information. Cost: $600.00 / 2 months access / available in English + Italian (click here to order now)
Customer Care - The aim of this course is to train employees on how to properly and effectively deal with customers. Click here for more information. Cost: $525.00 / 2 months access / available in English + Italian (click here to order now)
The following courses are being developed and will be available in early 2012. Please check back with us for an update.
- Optimal Production of Porcelain Tile - This is an in-depth course about the porcelain tile production process, providing technological tips for optimal and efficient output of high quality products. Available in English + Italian. Cost $525.00. Click here for more info.
- Introduction to Digital Decoration - An overview of the technological and aesthetic possibilities of digital print integration in ceramic tile production. Cost $375.00. Click here for more info.
- How to Design Tiles with Digital Technology -This course is mainly for lab technicians, creative directors and artistic managers. Its objective is to present new design and creative techniques that can be used in digital printing of new tile collections. Cost $525.00 Click here for more info.
- Optimizing Production for Digital Printing – This course is primarily for companies that already use digital decorating technology. We will demonstrate how to achieve optimal performance of the digital printing process within the ceramic production work flow. Cost $525.00 Click here for more info.
- Introduction to Ceramic Tile Production - This course is mainly directed to researchers, new employees, investors or anyone who needs to know about ceramic tile production. It includes all production steps, from the choice of raw materials to the final product, to storage. Cost $600.00 Click here for more info.
- Practical Course on Ceramic Defects - Tile defects and their causes and solutions will be discussed. Participants will be able to send examples of their own tile defects and will receive answers from the teaching staff. Cost $375.00. Click here for more info.
- The New Machinery Directive for Ceramic Machinery Manufacturers- Explanation of the Directive 2006/42/CE concerning new measures for manufacturers of machinery and companies using machinery in their production chain. Essential Safety Requirements and risk assessment are addressed as well as additional operational and technical information. Available in English + Italian. Cost $300.00 Click here for more info.
- Web Marketing – This course covers the fundamental concepts of web marketing, strategies, budgeting and operations. Available in English + Italian. Cost $600.00. Click here for more info.
- Visual Marketing – This course is about visual marketing, which is the ability of an object to be the “star” in visual communications. Cost $525.00. Click here for more info.
For a complete list of future IIEA courses and their descriptions click here.
IIEA also offers language courses as follows:
Native Tongue Learn
English Arabic, French, Italian, Spanish
Spanish French, English, Italian
French Arabic, English, Italian, Spanish, German
Italian Arabic, English, French, Spanish, German
Cost: 3 month access = $52.50 / 6 month access = $78.75 / 12 month access = $105
Purchase an IIEA language course here. (Click here to order now)
Once you have signed up to take an IIEA course (click here for order form) you will be issued a user name and password. Most courses are accessible for a period of 2 months, 24/7. Only the language courses have different time frames of either 3, 6, or 12 months.
At the conclusion of all courses, when a passing grade is achieved, a certificate in the student’s name will be issued.
Please contact the UofCTS if you have any questions about IIEA courses.