Understanding the Basics of Natural Stone
Please click “Play” below to see a short preview of the course.
The Understanding the Basics of Natural Stone course includes industry standards and sales techniques and is designed to give salespeople the tools they need in order to increase sales, give stone installers and fabricators the knowledge of industry standards and how to assist clients with selecting natural stone, and give professional designers the knowledge on how to select and specify natural stone.
The Understanding the Basics of Natural Stone course comes in a USA Version that is taught in English. It also is available in a Canadian Version that is taught in English. The Canadian Version is only available through the Tile Terrazzo Marble Association of Canada (TTMAC) at www.TTMAC.com. The USA Version is available either through this UofCTS website or through the Ceramic Tile Distributors Association (CTDA) at www.CTDAhome.org.
Tuition is $150 per person (purchase now). Once paid for, the course is accessible online for 14 days, 24/7. Print your own diploma when you have successfully completed and passed all course lesson assessments. Depending on the pace of the student, and without interruption, the course can be completed within 6 to 8 hours.
Table of Contents:
- Course Introduction
- Lesson 1: Introduction and History of Natural Stone
- Lesson 2: Stone Geology and Formation
- Lesson 3: Stone Quarry Mining
- Lesson 4: Stone Processing and Fabrication
- Lesson 5: Stone Countertops
- Lesson 6: Stone Installations
- Lesson 7: Vertical Applications – Exterior Veneers and Interior Walls
- Lesson 8: Stone Selection and Design
- Lesson 9: Stone Care and Maintenance
- Lesson 10: Giving the Customer a Choice
- Course Conclusion
Tuition is $150 per person. Click here to purchase.
Click here for volume discount information.